October 17 - 26, 2024 | India
We will be joining our partners, Mid India Christian Mission in central India, serving in several of their ministries. One of the ministries is Oasis of Love, a program to uplift and empower mentally and physically disabled children.
In India, a disabled child is often looked down upon and is considered a curse by society and family. Mid India believes they are a blessing and can contribute to their community. Mid India helps children who have been rescued from difficult or dangerous situations, children who have disabilities and children whose families are too impoverished to support them. Mid India provides educational programs & child sponsorship to help redirect the future for these children. Mercy Home for Girls, another ministry we will work with, provides a safe home for girls who are orphaned, abandoned or living in dangerous situations.
We will spend time each day with the children playing games, leading in devotions, and building relationships. You will be introduced to the many functions of Mid India that help to care for children through housing, education, care for those with special needs, and providing clean water to locals. Additionally we will travel to areas where Mid India has planted churches to encourage the leaders and believers in their faith. Mid India has many other different ministries and the trip will be designed around the gifts and talents that God has given YOU! Be prepared for God to work in your life as you serve the people of India.
Trip Dates: October 17 - 26, 2024
Trip Cost: $3,600
Trip Focus: Learning & Engagement
Trip Size: 12
Trip Leader: TBD
Trip Open To: Ages 18+
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is preferred, but not required.
- Open to anyone 18+
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $3,600 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due within 7 days after registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes, in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in India.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from India, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation: Commuter plane, trains, vans and cars will be used for transportation throughout India.
- Housing: The team will stay in a hotel (2 per room).
1.) Valid passport that does not expire within 60 days of trip.
2.) Covid Requirements: All travelers must be vaccinated and submit a negative Covid test within 72 hours of flight departure. *Subject to change based on country requirements.