June 17-24, 2023 | Santiago, Dominican Republic
In 2023, we will be returning to serve alongside the Braisted family in Santiago, Dominican Republic. The Braisteds' vision is to provide a long-term, loving home for children who have been abandoned, neglected and abused.
Their organization Hope House Intl. is designed to invest in the child’s future, not just by providing a meal or a place to sleep, but also through education, psychological therapies, and extracurricular activities – all the while placing them in a safe environment – giving them the opportunity to experience love and acceptance within a family unit.
Trip Dates: June 17-24, 2023
Trip Cost: $2,100
Trip Leaders: Jasmine Freeman
Trip Size: 12
Trip Open To: 16+ *
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
The Braisteds are an amazing family to work alongside to see what effective cross-cultural ministry looks like. Hope House International is a ministry thats developing quickly and is significantly impacting countless lives. Learning from and working with strong and passionate leaders like Mike and Amanda will inspire, challenge, and push you towards doing something more.
WHAT WILL THE TEAM BE DOING?
During the trip the team will do a variety of projects like orphan care, construction, kids camp, and community outreaches. Team members will have the opportunity to experience what different outreach opportunities can look like in other countries. Teams will spend time debriefing each day to discuss their personal experiences and have the opportunity to process thoughts aloud with a team. This trip is ideal for anyone who has never had a missions experience outside of Las Vegas because it provides a variety of ministry contexts to help shape and define trip members' future serving roles and Reach trips.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Open to anyone 16+ *.
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
- Submit deposit at registration and complete application for approval.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? $2,100 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due within 7 days after registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes, in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? All transportation expenses, housing, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in the DR.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from the Dominican Republic, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation - Rental vans and trucks will be used to transport the team throughout their time in the DR.
- Housing - This year teams will be staying in 3-4 person rooms in a hotel near the Hope House.
1.) Valid passport that does not expire within 60 days of trip.
2.) Covid Requirements: All travelers must be vaccinated and submit a negative Covid test within 72 hours of flight departure. *Subject to change based on country requirements.
* Trip applicants that are 16 or 17 years old must be approved by the trip leader to go on a trip without a parent/guardian.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 947-2080, if you have any questions!