October 24 - November 2, 2024 | Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Agape International Missions (AIM) has grown to be recognized worldwide and is making an incredible impact on the communities they serve. In 2013, the Crossing began partnering with AIM and continues to partner with them to end child trafficking. AIM has their own SWAT team who will tear down every barrier to free a child. Their work doesn’t stop there, though. After a child is rescued, there is a huge need to help the child heal and rehabilitate. AIM has many moving parts in Cambodia and our team will have the opportunity to participate in supporting and encouraging on this mission trip.
AIM believes in recognizing the unique gifts each team brings. Prior to the trip, you will receive a survey to assess your gifts/skills. In turn, AIM will look at the work in their environment that needs to be completed and connect the team appropriately. Activities range from serving their Kids Club, participating in Bible Studies, helping with building projects, hosting workshops with students/leadership or joining an outreach to the brick factories in the area.
Trip Dates: October 24 - November 2, 2024
Trip Cost: $3,100
Trip Leader: Beth Polastri
Trip Size: 8
Trip Open To: 18+ (upon interview and application acceptance)
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
This trip is unique because it brings to light issues and injustice we are surrounded with right outside of our doors. Cambodia is a country flooded with the injustice of human trafficking and AIM is taking action steps to prevent it. This trip is an opportunity to learn about what people around the world are doing to stop the similar injustice of trafficking that is right here in Nevada. The Crossing firmly believes in providing opportunities for individuals to learn more about what God is doing around the world. We are committed to offering trips and service projects for you to see firsthand what ministry looks like in Cambodia and how you can actively contribute to serving others globally and locally. Our hope is that you will be compelled to change something within your lifestyle at home after this experience and make a greater impact in Las Vegas.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Due to the nature of this trip, there will be an interview process prior to applying.
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is preferred, but not required.
- Open to anyone 18+
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $3,100 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due within 7 days after applying that is fully refundable until the day registration closes.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Cambodia.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Cambodia, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation - 12 passenger vans will be used for travel while in Cambodia.
- Housing - The team will stay in a hotel (2 per room) in downtown Phnom Penh.