June 3 - 10, 2023 | Honduras
The team in Honduras will be working with our ministry partner HOPE Coffee. You may know HOPE Coffee as we serve their coffee in our Reach Cafe. The process of selling their coffee beans is an often-time chaotic and unfriendly experience for the small local farmers where they are routinely paid below average prices for their beans.
The little money they do receive gets put back into the next crop which makes it difficult for these farmers to provide jobs to others and even more difficult for their family to break the cycle of poverty that affects most of Honduras.
HOPE Coffee, working with select local farmers, pays above average price for the beans and helps provide resources and supplies to improve the coffee bean picking process. Next, they sell the beans to churches and groups like The Crossing.
HOPE Coffee is then able to turn around and work with the local church to impact the communities through a variety of outreach projects including water filtration, building projects, education improvements, etc.
Trip Dates: June 3 - 10, 2023
Trip Cost: $2,200
Trip Focus: Community Outreach
Trip Leaders: Dan Ward
Trip Size: 8
Trip Open To: Ages 16+*
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
We believe that these trips are a next-step in the spiritual journey of people in the church. They are an opportunity for you to be pulled from the comforts of your home and immersed in a different culture with a group of people on the same mission. We want these trips to be catalyst for change in your life that directs you towards a deeper engagement with serving locally and globally.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
The team in Honduras will be working with local pastors through Hope Coffee on a variety of projects in the community.
Examples of these projects can include home builds, community meeting structures, water storage buildings. As important as the project work is, there are two specific areas that the team will be involved in:
- Learning Engagement: You will learn about Honduras. It’s cultures and customs, family stories, the coffee process, and the true meaning of the cycle of poverty.
- Building Relationships: While in Honduras you will interact with the local communities through church, projects, local schools, children's groups, meals, and many other ways. These will be the times you remember. You will share struggles, pain, joy, tears, laughter and so much more as you build relationships that will last a lifetime. Through these relationships we get to be the living example of the Gospel and share our faith in Jesus.
- WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is preferred, but not required.
- Open to anyone 16+ *.
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
- HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $2,200 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due within 7 days after applying that is fully refundable until the day registration closes.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Honduras.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Honduras, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
Valid passport that does not expire within 60 days of trip.
Covid Requirements: All travelers must be vaccinated and submit a negative Covid test within 72 hours of flight departure. **Subject to change; dependent upon country requirements.
* Trip applicants 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Applicants that are 16 or 17 years old must be approved by the trip leader to go on a trip without a parent/guardian.
Email email@example.com or call (702) 947-2080, if you have any questions!