Colombia - May
May 1 - 8, 2021 | Colombia
This trip with Compassion is an exclusive opportunity designed to give The Crossing a close-up view of Compassion’s work with the local church and children in Colombia. Not only will this mission allow you to see firsthand how children’s lives are being transformed, but sponsors and travelers will also be able to build relationships with, learn from and encourage those who are part of the ministry that Compassion touches every day. This is a unique opportunity to foster partnerships between the church-based Child Development Center in Colombia and The Crossing.
Trip Dates: May 1 - 8, 2021
Trip Cost: $3,000
Focus: Compassion International
Trip Leader: TBD
Trip Size: 12
Ideal For: Ages 13+ *
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
We believe that these trips are a next-step in the spiritual journey of people in the church. They are an opportunity for you to be pulled from the comforts of your home and immersed in a different culture with a group of people on the same mission. We want these trips to be a catalyst for change in your life that directs you towards a deeper engagement with serving locally and globally.
This trip also offers the unique occasion to meet the child you sponsored in Colombia.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
Tentative Trip Itinerary:
- Saturday: Travel
- Sunday: Church, lunch, check into hotel, rest, Compassion orientation/dinner
- Monday: Welcome ceremony, tour, lunch, home visits
- Tuesday: Ministry Outreach TBD
- Wednesday: Visit Center, welcome ceremony, home visits, Ministry TBD
- Thursday: Fun Day with sponsored kids
- Friday: Sightseeing, souvenir shopping, etc.
- Saturday: Travel
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- Open to anyone 13+ *.
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
- Submit deposit and complete application for approval.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? $3,000 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due at registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? All transportation expenses, housing, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Colombia.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Colombia, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Housing - The team will stay in hotel rooms.
* Trip applicants 13-16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Applicants that are 16 or 17 years old must be approved by the trip leader to go on a trip without a parent/guardian.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 947-2080, if you have any questions!