Mexico | October
October 18 - 20, 2024 | Tijuana, Mexico
This trip is a great opportunity to work together and accomplish big goals over the course of just two days. We will be partnering with Homes of Hope, a ministry of YWAM just across the border near Tijuana, Mexico. They have been providing a hand up for families for the last 25 years. The Crossing has been partnering with YWAM and missionary, Alfonso Sanchez, to build homes for the last 11 years.
We would love for you to join us on this trip! Teams will build a home alongside the family receiving it. We will help provide a way for these families to change the course of their lives and experience God’s love through your hands. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone, whether they have been on a mission trip before or not.
Trip Dates: October 18 - 20, 2024
Trip Cost: $500
Trip Focus: Home build
Ideal For: Ages 8+ *
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
The team will leave early in the morning on Friday morning, and will drive to Mexico in rental vans. Upon arrival, YWAM (Youth with a Mission) will host an orientation and training video and learn more about the mission. The team will go to the build site and begin framing the home. After completing the basic structure of the home, everyone will go back to the YWAM base for dinner and an opportunity to rest after a long day. The following morning, teams will go back to building sites and spend the day finishing the homes alongside the families and there will be a special orientation when the family officially gets to move in. Teams will leave the families with their new homes and go back to the base to clean up before eating dinner off site at a restaurant in town. The team will leave and drive back to Las Vegas the following morning/afternoon.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- Open anyone 8+ *.
- Must have a passport 30 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
- Submit deposit and complete application for approval.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $500 per traveler. There will be a $50 deposit due within 7 days of registration that is fully refundable until the day registration closes.
- What is included in the trip cost? All transportation expenses, housing, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Mexico.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Mexico, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will also discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation - Large rental vans with bucket seats will be used for travel to, from, and in Mexico.
- Housing - The team will stay in rooms with bunk beds that accommodate 6 people per room.
* Trip applicants 8-16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Applicants that are 16 or 17 years old must be approved by the trip leader to go on a trip without a parent/guardian.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 947-2080, if you have any questions!