March 28 - April 5, 2020 | Cape Verde, Africa
This will be The Crossing’s second trip to Cape Verde – a Portuguese-speaking country composed of 10 islands northwest of the African coast. We are extending the community transformation work that we began in Ghana with Dayo Obaweya to this West African nation. We will be based in Praia and use the concepts of Community Health Evangelism (CHE) to establish local partnerships with churches / ministries focused on transforming their neighborhoods. Additionally, we may be hosting a pastors retreat, using sports evangelism, and performing work projects while in the country in conjunction with recent graduates from The African Internship Center.
Dates: March 28 – April 5, 2020
Focus: Host a Retreat for Local Pastors
Leader: David Diers
Open To: Open to anyone 18+
Application Deadline: October 28, 2019
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
The Crossing firmly believes in providing opportunities for individuals to learn more about what God is doing around the world. We are committed to offering trips and service projects for you to see firsthand what ministry looks like in Africa and how you can actively contribute to serving others globally and locally. Our hope is that you will be compelled to change something within your lifestyle at home after this experience and make a greater impact in and beyond Las Vegas.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- Open to anyone 18+
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? $2600. There will be a $300 deposit due at registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Cape Verde.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Cape Verde, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.